Wednesday 19 December 2018

Fun Facts About New Zealand

#1   The kiwi is our native bird and sometimes the people are called kiwis.

#2   There is often lots of clouds in New Zealand which is funny because New Zealand's Maori name is Aotearoa, which means Land of the long white cloud.

#3  New Zealand was once a part of Australia which is where I was born.

#4  The Queen is in charge of New Zealand and the Governor General is her representative.

#5  The myth is that Maui was in his canoe (the south island) and he hooked up the fish (the north island) which is how New Zealand was made. 

1 comment:

  1. Hi Bella

    You have done a fantastic job with this activity. I like that you have put this into your own words and you have done more than was asked of you. Well done.
    We live in a pretty cool place. New Zealand has do many things to see and do.
    I see that you were born in Australia! How old were you when you moved to New Zealand?
    Do you remember living in Australia?
    My Mum was from Australia so that makes me half Australian. I have never lived there though. Just been there on holiday.
    I like that we are called kiwi's. It nice to be named after a cute bird.
    You are doing a fantastic job with the programme so far, I am really looking forward to reading you posts over the summer.

    Keep up the good work!

    Until next time

    Allie :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comments.